THE RELIGIOUS LEADER AND THE OLD MAN
A religious leader had a long life of teaching. He was very admired by his speeches. He spoke with crowds and charmed his listeners, because he had a perfect oratory.
There was an older humble man, who was always in his presentations. He always treated to note everything, detailing the most important things. The religious leader looked at the man, always in the first files, and he thought “I wish I could teach him something useful. He seems to need a lot”.
One day, he was crossing the street and was stroked by a car. He didn’t resist and died. When he arrived the Spiritual Plan, he noticed that the atmosphere was very heavy, dense. Everything seemed to dark. He listened desperate screams and people groaning. He was afraid with that horrible place. He resolved to pray asking some help.
That moment, two men came near him. Both had light around them, what shows, in the Spiritual Plan, certain moral evolution, good character and good intention. A man, with angelical aspect brought him, and the religious asked:
– Where I am?
– You came to a Inferior Zone, answered.
After this response, the religious leader looked at the second man and noticed that he was the old man of his speeches. Then, the religious asked:
– Did you also die?
– Yeah, some weeks before you.
Then, you should had come to a Inferior Zone.
– No, I went to a Superior Zone, much lighter. Where love, goodness and knowledge exist.
The religious lead became surprised. He turned to the angelical man and said:
– One moment. It might have one problem here. This sir was always in my presentations, learning with me. How could he stay in a Celeste Region and me in this Hell Zone?
The angelical man answered:
– Simple, when you teach a lesson, he noted everything and got some effort to practice it. He refined his character and his virtues, all of yours. But you… You had pretty lessons, but didn’t practice them.
(Hugo Lapa from Brazil)